North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 102941-en_US / 102941
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition – 102941
Human Resources – USA New York, New York
The Senior Director for Americas Talent Acquisition provides strategic, hands on and operational leadership as we continue our rapid growth. With a strong business mindset this leader will bring a proactive planning focus to Talent Acquisition. The selected candidate will balance directing a geographically dispersed team and partnering with senior level business and human resources leaders to understand current/future hiring needs while working with Talent Acquisition Leadership to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Design and execute regional talent acquisition strategies aligned with the vision and goals of the business that allow the organization to continue to attract and hire top talent during rapid growth with high candidate and hiring team satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain professional consultative relationships with business and HR leaders through understanding of their business and identification of value added talent strategies in order to anticipate and plan for future hiring trends
- Partner closely with HR and business to leaders to develop recruiting targets and provides market intelligence for consideration in global expansion decisions
- Build and lead a growing team of recruiters and sourcers based in the US and Latin America. Effectively manage the productivity and efficiency of the hiring process against plan through active review, assessment and achievement of key metrics (cost, diversity, time, quality, volume) for the region.
- Manage external recruiting agency relationships.
- Define talent acquisition metrics and develop tracking and reporting methods. Analyze data to determine effective strategies for successful hiring.
- Engage in internal and external research, as well as benchmarking/ best practices activity. Coordinate process improvements and drive innovation to support best in class TA.
- Partner with the recruiting leadership team to build capacity to compete for top talent through core strategic projects related to Diversity, Branding, Sourcing, Candidate Experience and Reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Must have 10+ years total experience recruiting with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in recruiting leadership within a global company where strategic and matrixed leadership have been demonstrated.
- Proven team building, management and leadership track record with geographically dispersed high performing teams.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated strategic thinking, innovation, and flexibility in dealing with changing and ambiguous situations.
- Excellent consultative influence management skills in order to lead and partner on talent needs in the business.
- Strong analytical and metrics orientation with the desire and ability to use metrics to gain awareness and visibility to support a position and to “tell a story.”
- Excellent project management skills including successful leadership of projects from planning phase through completion.
- Change management and operational mindset to aid in implementation and launch of a new ATS (Lever experience desired)
- Stellar written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to positively communicate with all levels in the organization in an effective manner.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time