Latin America / Brazil / / São Paulo
#: 104942-en_US / 104942
Senior Editor – 104942
Gracenote – Brazil São Paulo, São Paulo
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are presently looking for a Senior Editor in the Editorial area, who will work remotely and based in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This is a full-time position which will report directly to the Enrichment Team Leader.
- Act as the more experienced editor of the team and assist in supervising the work and performance of other team members. Assist team members with operational problems or questions regarding content. Establish multiple database records and maintain accurate database information for timely use in all products.
- Edits metadata (titles, synopses, cast lists, teams and other information) of video content (movies, series, TV shows, sporting events) to TV programming guides by subscription and online applications for high-profile markets and/or clients.
- Assesses database information, consolidates and creates database content for series, movies, sports and specials.
- Investigates, confirms and documents questionable programme content by consulting programme information providers, online resources, and/or Gracenote personnel.
- Provides Editorial guidance to staff.
- Initiates and maintains effective relationships with programming information providers and acts as a customer service representative when addressing issues concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Analyses, develops and recommends solutions to Editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs to ensure the accuracy of Editorial work, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Align processes and sharing experiences with editorial teams from other countries.
- Assists Team Leader and Manager with workload adjustments including assigning work as needed.
- Assist with leading scheduled weekly staff meetings.
- Assists with identifying upcoming editorial trends and alert appropriate Editorial staff.
- Assists leading the team by directing workflow, updating and training new team members, communicating and troubleshooting team issues with the Team Leader and Manager.
- Assists Team Leader and Manager with researching client discrepancies.
- Covers while Team Leader and Manager are away on holiday or sick.
- Other duties as assigned.
- We look for candidates who have a passion for winning and who have demonstrated excellence in their work and academic experience.
- We want employees with strong analytical skills and the ability to think of out-of-the box solutions to business problems, able to handle multiple priorities, who have a bias for action and who are genuinely interested in personal development and the development of others.
- University degree in media-related field or foreign language or equivalent editorial work.
- Advanced to fluent English.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- Must have keyboarding skills; Windows proficiency preferred. Knowledge of the Office suite.
- Must demonstrate strong satisfactory to above average accuracy and efficiency in copy editing skills.
- Basic leadership skills preferred.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: São Paulo,São Paulo