North America / United States / NY / New York City
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 84702-en_US / 84702
Senior Financial Analyst – 84702
Finance and Corporate Development – USA New York, New York
The Senior Financial Analyst is a member of the Gracenote & Nielsen Sports Commercial Finance team. This is a fast paced, high performing team that executes financial planning and analysis for one of the fastest growing businesses within the Global Media Portfolio. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for leading the Gracenote & Sports global revenue forecasting process as well as managing Sports North America commercial expenses.
- Lead the global Gracenote & Sports revenue consolidation process
- Coordinate with regional finance leads to rollup weekly revenue forecast
- Prepare weekly report for forecast reviews with the Sales Leadership team
- Partner with Sales Operations on automation & SalesForce analytics
- End-to-end ownership of all North America Sports Commercial expenses
- Partner with business leaders to manage expense budget & identify opps/risks
- Own expense forecast, track productivity initiatives, ensure accurate reporting
- Lead the annual operating plan process (bottoms up approach)
- Manage the New Product Process by partnering cross-functionally to ensure key steps are taken with new product set up and are ready to be sold once they officially launch.
- Run the deal review process for both Gracenote and Sports to enable business make strategic decisions across key deals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in finance or accounting
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated work style
- Individual contributor and team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google, ability to learn SAP Financial system and Salesforce required (previous experience is a plus)
About the Team
As guardians of the Nielsen assets, our Finance teams strive to accurately report the financial position of Nielsen. We seek to continuously improve finance processes, controls and systems. We aim to provide clear, simple and insightful financial information to our business leaders in order to drive positive financial action. As a team we work in the spirit of integrity, accountability, quality and diligence, whilst maintaining the highest ethical standards.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,