North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 86114-en_US / 86114
Senior Information Architect – 86114
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Sr. Information Architect
We’re looking for a Sr. Information Architect to be part of our growing UX team in New York City, supporting web applications that empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments around the globe. Working hand-in-hand with our highly-engaged product managers, engineers and an international UX consortium supporting shared UX tools, processes and resources, you will be part of a foundational team that shapes the future of Nielsen software solutions.
As a Sr. Information Architect you will:
- Research how users consume data categorization, labeling and data insights to bring the users’ mental model into how we structure the content within our products.
- Analyze and understand complex data systems that will support the information flow to the user.
- Craft intuitive navigation, schema and categorization to help deliver solutions for complex business problems that anticipate user needs, are grounded in user vernacular and support a natural flow of information across multiple use cases and user types.
- Design scalable information architecture models that apply to multiple application experiences.
- Contribute to our design system repository with standardizations for data information display, categorization and navigation.
- Use qualitative and quantitative research methods to inform, validate and improve your work.
- Collaborate with teams of stakeholders, product managers, engineers, data scientists, program managers, commercial leaders, marketing content strategist, and UX across the globe.
What are we looking for?
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an Information Architect for B2B web applications (much more experience is fine).
- High proficiency defining the information architecture behind complex, data-driven web applications.
- Studying how users perceive and interact with data-driven content used in navigation, labeling and messaging.
- Preparing IA models and schemas needed to support the user experience.
Skills and mindset:
- You’re a curator of empathy both for the user and co-workers to enable you to communicate and define information architecture effectively.
- Attention for details, strong organizational and analytical skills and business acumen.
- A collaborative mentality with a need for continuous learning.
- Excellent communication skills – You can effectively establish understanding and rationale of your work verbally (in English) and visually.
- Proficiency with design tools, such as Axure, Sketch or Figma.
- Ability to provide user data, heuristics and design systems components and guidelines to inform product management and engineering decisions.
- Comfortable working in a large, international, corporate and cross time-zone environment with remote teams.
Extra points for:
- Experience defining the information architecture for multicultural, multilingual users.
- Knowledge and background working in the marketing industry.
- A portfolio demonstrating proficiency and success in user-centered design.
- An academic degree in a relevant field.
- Good sense of humor.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,