India / India / / Bengaluru
Client Service & Sales
#: 79083-en_US / 79083
Accuracy is the name of the game, and we’ve got the data to prove it. If precision and quality are important to you, you’ll fit right in as a Senior Manager at Nielsen.
As a Senior Research Manager, you will be the lead for projects from a sub-unit of a prestigious client and will work closely with one of the senior account leaders. In this role, you will be responsible for overall client management and also supervising day to day project activities and ensuring delivery is as per Nielsen’s commitment to the client.
- Client Management – You will be the Go-To person for the client for key large scale projects. You need to follow a consultative approach to ensure our client business questions are addressed. You will be responsible to ensure an ongoing engaging conversation with our clients. Challenging status quo and thinking out of the box is the need of the hour on a regular basis.
- Customised study design – There will be many instances where we need to provide customised solution / study design to address client questions. For your projects, you will work with your senior colleague in providing the right and optimal customised solution for the client. This also requires you to collate as much as secondary information, understand the category and make the right recommendations to the client.
- Research Instrument – You will guide your team to design the right questionnaire and at times design it yourselves, in case of any complicated research.
- Data Insighting and Presentation – You will spearhead all data insighting and presentation for your projects. Most of the deliverables are strategic in nature and you will have the opportunity to practice research consultancy though data insighting.
- Deliverables as per Commitment – You will be responsible for ensuring that the projects are executed well, issues anticipated and solutions provided and delivered as per Nielsen’s commitment.
- Time Management – An extremely important quality. You will be servicing clients who are growing significantly and therefore expectations from project TAT needs to be customised, keeping the end goal in mind.
- Team Management – You will have team members reporting directly to you and therefore you will be responsible for guiding and mentoring them.
- 7 to 9 years’ experience in Market Research-Consumer Insight/Media/Digital
- Hands-on customized market research, agency experience (E-Commerce experience is a plus)
- Should have experience in customised research work.
- Experience in managing Brand tracking programs will be very beneficial.
- Strong project management skills
- Very Good Influencing & Persuading Skills
- Open to the challenge of having a ‘Consultative approach’ as the ways of working with the client.
- Client obsession is key.
- Empathy and Patience towards your team is important.
About the Team:
In Nielsen Online practice, we work with e-giants to help them drive growth via better understanding of consumers at every stage of the journey i.e. realization of a need through to the moment of purchase, followed by how they live with and use products/ services.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!