India / India / / Mumbai
#: 109129-en_US / 109129
ABOUT THE ROLE
We won’t say we can predict the future, but our team of Analysts get pretty close, they turn millions of data points into useful information & insights that help our clients to make better decisions on their marketing mix and achieve superior results. Be part of the future and join in on one of the major transformations in the market research industry with the integration of big data and classic marketing mix analysis.
To deliver high quality custom projects working with the MMM client/business partners. The focus will be on delivery, working directly with end clients in different geographies. Occasional travel to the client location to present business findings would be required.
- Be a key contributor in the advanced analytics team.
- Employ innovative thinking and encourage experimentation in delivery of work.
- Leverage technology to create valuable solutions and improve existing ones.
- Demonstrate client focus, always acting like a customer evangelist.
- Handle evolving data analytics challenges that come with new trends and new projects.
- Use your expertise in business analytics and data science to interpret statistical models.
- Feel comfortable working with diverse teams in spread out geographies with unique working styles.
- Manage projects from end to end with effective and timely delivery of work.
- Maximize the efficient and effective use of resource by utilizing appropriate processes and tools.
- Establish and nurture trust with other departments to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources.
- Commit to learning about and adapting to internal organization, external updates and industry trends.
- Ensure compliance to Advanced Analytics Consulting (AAC) modelling practices and company quality standards.
- Uphold unwavering commitment to ethical behaviour and Nielsen company code of conduct.
- Subject expert – thorough understanding of market research and statistical modelling techniques.
- Leader – you have a strong project and team management background (5-10 people).
- Innovative problem solver – the bigger the problem, the better the solution you create.
- Structured thinker – you can break down complex problems into manageable bits.
- Effective communicator – your presentation skills are accompanied with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people even from outside the analytics realm.
- Self-starter – you can work independently, are proactive, and have a challenger mind-set.
- Natural mentor – proficient at mentoring co-workers to promote out of the box thinking
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- PhD / M.Sc. / M.A/ B.E/B.Tech– Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial
- Sciences MBA in Marketing / specialized course in Business Analytic.
- Prior experience in handling clients – both onsite and offshore.
- Proficiency in various analytical solutions like MMM, Pricing, Forecasting, Consumer
- Analytics, etc.
- Thorough expertise on MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of any statistical languages like SAS, R, Python.
- Native level fluency in English (foreign language is a plus)
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Global Nielsen Media Client Service team wants to empower you to help our clients go from insights to action faster. We want to help you perfect the art of data-driven customer service that drives clients’ investment in Nielsen. By using innovative technologies, you can now work on activities that are driving client impact and minimize time spent responding to routine and manual tasks. In other words, we want to increase your strategic capacity and deliver impactful insights to clients.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.