North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 108601-en_US / 108601
Senior Manager, Customer Success – 108601
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
About the job
Why do you go to the store to purchase a product? Maybe you have a coupon, saw it advertised on TV or your friends talked about it on social media. In the Marketing Effectiveness practice, our job is to figure out which media is most successful at driving sales for products in stores. Using statistical models we help clients optimize where they should spend their money on marketing to best ensure their product’s success.
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking. Join the Marketing Effectiveness team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver and the voice of Nielsen at our clients. When you join the Nielsen team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As a Senior Manager you will:
• Work closely with team to prepare & present client deliverables and provide client service on problems & questions to optimize marketing spend
• Develop mastery of propriety Nielsen tools and metrics, which you will use to help solve your clients most pressing business questions
• Assist and network with industry leading clients to simplify their data into a compelling narrative and present recommendations in client discussions
• Be the voice of the consumer by keeping our clients at the forefront of industry trends
• Develop a basic working knowledge of consumer and marketing drivers of sales volume to help our clients increase revenue
• Lead client project engagements – present PowerPoint decks with results of marketing mix analysis (MMM)
• Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Strong oral and written communication, organization & customer service skills
• Able to synthesize data & simplify findings
• Able to work congruently with internal & external teams
• Basic project management skills
• Able to work collaboratively with internal & external teams
• Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
• Bachelor’s degree required (analytical field or social sciences preferred)
• Master’s or Ph.D in Math, Statistics, Economics or an Analytical field preferred
• 5+ years’ experience
• Strong mathematical/statistical/applied analytics background
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software
• Exposure to Statistical Software packages such as R, Python, SAS, SPSS or STATA
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: OH – Cincinnati, NY – New York City, Remote,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time