North America / United States / NY / New York City
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 103781-en_US / 103781
Senior Manager (M&A) – 103781
Finance and Corporate Development – USA New York, New York
Senior Manager (M&A)
Nielsen is seeking a Senior Manager (M&A) to join its growing Corporate Development team specializing in mergers and acquisitions. The Senior Manager is directly responsible for managing all aspects of merger and acquisition transaction execution. This involves supporting the strategic planning processes including identifying acquisition opportunities, as well as leading valuation and business case analysis, transaction structuring, due diligence, contract negotiation and transaction closing. As a member of Nielsen’s Corporate Development team, you will be responsible for partnering with business unit leadership to develop and drive key inorganic and organic initiatives critical to the
growth of Nielsen.
Reporting to the Head of Nielsen’s Corporate Development, the role will require you to effectively manage and execute a variety of projects and initiatives, articulate and present qualitative and quantitative findings/recommendations to senior leadership, and build strong relationships across Nielsen.
- Lead key corporate strategic initiatives, including acquisitions, divestitures and investments.
- Interact with internal and external leaders to steward the acquisition process, including negotiations relating to valuation, commercial terms and integration planning.
- Oversee acquisition structuring as well as financial analysis including valuation and modeling.
- Lead the due diligence process.
- Other non-client related roles would include working effectively as a team member bydemonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative and partnership-based approach to achieve company initiatives, with both internal business partners as well as with external companies.
- Experience and interest in the media and technology sectors; Ad-tech/Mar-tech platform/services exposure is a plus, though not required.
- Ability to manage multiple complex and competing priorities with strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries, developing strong organizational relationships, and leading through influence are
- keys to success.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field is required.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation-based communication skills.
- Understanding of financial valuation analysis related to M&A and partnerships, including financial modeling capabilities.
- Ability to execute and effectively structure comprehensive qualitative and quantitative analyses (e.g., PowerPoint presentations, memorandums, and financial models).
- At least four years of experience in a Corporate Development, Investment Banking or related
- Advisory Roles with deep corporate M&A experience
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,