India / India / / Mumbai
#: 82082-en_US / 82082
Senior .Net Developer – 82082
Gracenote – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be involved in the evolving technology strategy architecting enterprise wide solutions,
- Understanding the company's key business objectives, evolving technology strategy and architecting enterprise wide solutions.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the portfolio of reference architectural strategy including development models, frameworks, reusable assets, design strategy (e.g. management, integration and optimization), and apply to ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Endeavors to minimize component complexity in the design and deployment of enterprise technology architecture through standards-based product(s) selection and implementation.
- Participate in the Architecture Review Board, providing technical guidance and design review / validation to strategic projects.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes and advancements; identifies opportunities to apply technology for competitive advantage.
- Mentors technology team members on capabilities and application of emerging technologies.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems and relational database concepts.
- Technical expertise and extensive experience with Microsoft technology stack including C# / VB.NET / ASP.NET, WCF, MVC, SQL Server 2014/2012, VSS / TFS, Git, Design Patterns, Entity Framework, ELK, etc. and ability to research and apply newer .NET technology towards development of large scale systems.
- Experience in latest client-side technologies like Angular JS, Angular 2, Node JS, etc.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS (primarily SQL Server) concepts, inner workings and SQL development.
- Working knowledge on MVC / Angular2+ is a must have.
- Ability to work on all facets of building a highly scalable, resilient, secure, stable & high performing solution.
- Should have participated in and be familiar with Agile project methodologies.
- B.E. / B.Tech / BCA / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 3.5 – 5.5 years’ experience in technology design & development with 3+ years’ experience in architecting enterprise solutions.
- Proven ability to understand business objectives and translate into both conceptual architecture and project level deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate directly with stakeholders.
- Should be a fast learner and have the ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environments.
- Work with vertical product teams across the globe and manage his/her own daily activities of issue resolution and communication across project execution teams.
- Experience in working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure w.r.t. solutions development, deployment & adoption of cloud based technology components like IaaS / PaaS offerings.
- Working expertise on any NoSQL data stores viz. Key-Value stores (Redis, AWS DynamoDB) / Document DBs (MongoDB / Couchbase) / Columnar data stores (Cassandra).
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world's hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra