North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 99983-en_US / 99983
Senior Corporate Paralegal – 99983
Legal – USA New York, New York
- Manage compliance and board matters in support of Corporate Secretary.
- Prepare minutes, consents and resolutions to authorize corporate activities.
- Prepare documents and communications needed for annual meetings and elections of officers and directors.
- Provide proxies for U.S. shareholders of non-U.S. subsidiaries.
- Provide information, copies of documents, and certificates to a wide range of internal and external clients including Tax, Finance, Payroll, HR, and Treasury Departments, as well as vendors, clients, outside counsel and internal counsel.
- Entity management and corporate services, including incorporations, amendments, qualifications, withdrawals, name changes, D.B.A’s and tracking registrations/ filing annual reports (300+) for US subsidiaries.
- Assist attorneys with preparing and reviewing quarterly, annual and other securities filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (10-Q, 10-K, proxy statement and Section 16 filings), and annual certifications and other notifications and reports with the NYSE.
- Integrate new acquisitions into Nielsen structure by adopting standard by-laws, officers and directors, changing names according to branding, etc.
- Obtain apostilles and other legalizations of corporate records and other documents.
- Notary Public.
- Maintain corporate books and records, databases of US legal entities, especially D&O, registrations and annual reports.
- Manage Serengeti process, billing, and budgeting for above activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; paralegal certificate and degree or coursework in the area of business law preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as a corporate paralegal and/or at least 2 years of prior public company board and related corporate experience in house.
- Excellent organizational skills and a great business sense.
- Experience in project management and legal research and writing.
- Detail-oriented; works well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic; learns quickly, takes responsibility, and works both independently and as a contributing team member with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Establishes priorities in managing multiple projects simultaneously, efficiently coordinates work activities and provides quick turnaround without compromising quality.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion, respect, and integrity.
- Exercises good judgment and recognizes when to ask for help or escalate issues.
- Demonstrates strong people skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels and in all areas of the organization.
- Demonstrates superior organizational skills, attention to detail and strong computer skills (MS Word, Google Docs, Excel, PowerPoint and general database management).
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York