North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 102101-en_US / 102101
Senior Program Manager (Remote OK) – 102101
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Team: Nielsen is looking for an Initiatives Lead in its Digital Product Management organization to drive product development in the Digital Content Measurement space.
Role: Nielsen is looking for a candidate who can lead and manage the end to end life cycle of a program from conception through implementation. The programs are typically large initiatives that span multiple cross functional teams over a period of several months to years. The Initiative Lead would be responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the program and will have direct accountability for the efficient end to end execution. The initiatives could span multiple product portfolios and teams across the US, Europe, Australia and Asia. The Initiative Lead is expected to partner with cross-functional teams across Technology, Product, Data Science, Operations, Legal, Commercial, etc.
- Be the single point of contact for the Initiative in terms of scope, solution, timelines, risks, status throughout the lifecycle of the initiative.
- Ensure all documentation related to the initiative is easily accessible and understood by the stakeholders
- Connect all the stakeholders of the initiatives and hold them accountable for decisions made and milestones.
- Ensure all stakeholders are in alignment with the decisions made.
- Facilitate cross functional discussions as needed. For example, to finalize scope, to outline a project plan with dependencies and milestones, to manage end-to-end activities like testing and deployment.
- Responsible for managing issues, conflicts, priorities, and communications related to the initiative.
- Accountable for the overall Initiative success measured in terms of program benefits, on time and on budget delivery.
- Facilitate cross functional discussions to determine scope and solution of the initiative.
- Identify impacted teams and stakeholders for each team.
- Maintain a project plan for the initiative with milestones and dependencies.
- Communicate the status of the project along with any hot spots or risks with the project stakeholders on a cadenced basis.
- Raise any alerts to the Leadership team as needed.
- Ensure proper project documentation is maintained, including status notes, decision mades and risks.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure the work is prioritized in the teams’ backlogs and scheduled to accommodate the dependencies.
- Facilitate cross COE discussions to finalize development, testing and deployment plans.
- Resolve any roadblocks for the teams to ensure successful completion of project deliverables.
- Ensure Quality of the deliverables is accounted for in the program execution plan.
- Facilitate Team celebrations/milestone celebrations/Team building activities
- Utilize an agile mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning; promotes continuous improvement.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience for large cross functional initiatives.
- Experience with Scrum as an Agile development framework
- Subject matter expert in big data processing and cloud technologies relevant for digital measurement
- A bias for change and the ability to influence a team toward a culture of quality
- Strong communication, persuasion, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work across multiple teams located across the globe.
- Ability to listen and quickly distill information to recommend a course of action in driving project deliverables.
- Degree in Computer Science related field preferred
- PMP or equivalent certification.
- Minimum 5 years of media or digital ad technology industry experience.
- Preferred candidate should have a proven track record and experience necessary to advocate for and establish project management best practices at Nielsen.
- Experience with Atlassian toolset and Smartsheets is desired.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams a plus.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, Remote, IL – Chicago,