North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 83711-en_US / 83711
Senior Project Manager – 83711
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen Global Media is looking for a skilled professional to join as a Senior Project Manager to support the Global Marketing Effectiveness portfolio of projects and teams. With guidance from the Agile Manifesto to guide how people work, we are looking for someone to play a key role in leading and empowering teams comprised of product, technology, and data science professionals in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate is a collaborative servant leader to the team(s) they support, ensuring a healthy and productive environment through coaching and mentoring the team, removing impediments, and finding continuous improvement opportunities to improve delivery of value and quality.
- Provide leadership and support to project/product team(s)
- Enhance the Program Management team by positively influencing, supporting, and contributing to the portfolio’s continuous improvement initiatives
- Anticipate and manage dependencies, raise risks early, and remove impediments for teams
- Proactively manage the execution state to resolve issues, organize and connect the dots, manage the news to reduce confusion and noise, and create transparency that aligns the teams and stakeholders
- Identify and actively manage cross-team and cross-program dependencies
- Collaborate with internal teams and businesses to ensure client expectations are met
- Be a Scrum Master for upwards of 1-3 teams within the programs as needed
- Drive stakeholder engagement into the Agile end-to-end delivery from planning through to execution
- Coach teams and team members in adoption of agile behaviors and influence continuous improvements that lead to wanted outcomes
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You want to know who’s watching what and what’s trending in the media industry, and you’re passionate about media, digital, and data. You love solving problems and have the ability to instinctively adapt your communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills depending on your audience. You manage relationships and expectations as well as you manage projects, with a strong understanding of Agile frameworks. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure you focus, dig in, organize, collaborate, communicate and get it done.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years related experience
- Previous Scrum Master experience, exhibiting servant leadership behaviors
- Previous full-time experience managing product/project delivery in an agile environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional content design and presentation skills
- Superior persuasive, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to facilitate teams and provide coaching and mentoring
- Ability to prioritize workload – self starter
- Ability to interact well within a team and foster strong working relationships built on trust
- Advanced experience with Google Suite of products – Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Evidence of continuous learning
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,