North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 107181-en_US / 107181
Senior Research Analyst – 107181
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
About the Job
Nielsen’s Resonance Research Department seeks to leverage Nielsen’s world class media research assets to provide best in class analytics to media companies, digital & technology companies, agencies, and advertisers. The primary responsibilities of this role are to help design and execute advertising effectiveness research through all stages of the project, from determination of feasibility and preparation of proposals, through data collection, data processing and reporting. As a Senior Research Analyst, you will work on quantitative survey research projects while engaging with internal and external clients and vendors. You will largely support our consultative research solutions, where you will help our media clients solve business problems with Nielsen’s research products.
- Decide on the correct research solutions based on clients’ business needs to help achieve measurement goals
- Explore research feasibility and assist in preparation of research proposals
- Develop questionnaires
- Review programmed online surveys for quality and accuracy
- Monitor data collection to ensure study is progressing as planned/meeting timeline
- Create detailed research analysis plans, write reports, and sometimes present results to clients
- Work as part of a team to identify research challenges and create new research solutions for product developments
- Select and manage external vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Proficiency with Google Workplace and Microsoft Office suite of products (especially Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good understanding of survey methodology
- Strong project management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver under deadlines
- Close attention to detail
- Eager to learn and develop skills
- 2 or more years of relevant quantitative market research experience
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising, ideally of the digital ad buying/selling ecosystem and ad types
- Knowledge of SPSS and R scripting languages
NOTE: This position provides a remote work arrangement within the U.S.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: OH – Cincinnati, MN – St. Louis Park, Remote,