North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 100921-en_US / 100921
Senior Software Developer – 100921
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen‘s mission is to help marketers and media companies measure and improve advertising performance by accurately reporting on what consumers watch, see, or hear (whether on television, the web, in print, or on the radio).
As a Sr. Software Developer, you will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other developers, architects, and analysts in creating solutions that meet Nielsen’s business requirements and achieve high quality, and speed-to-market solutions. Candidate must be able to work closely with product managers, project managers, architects, other developers, DBA’s and the business stakeholders to develop the solutions and have flexibility to work across multiple time zones. This requires a self-managed strongly technical candidate that can take special projects from inception to completion.
This position is responsible for analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting highly complex application software. These software applications must be developed and maintained with high-quality standards and minimal defects.
The candidate must be a self-starter with a desire to understand our unique business (Audience Measurements) and the associated technical challenges.
- Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications
- Provides support to internal users and support staff
- Work as part of an agile development team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- At least 3 years of IT experience with hands-on software development
- Advanced knowledge of Java or JVM-based languages and/or Python
- Familiarity with Java frameworks like Spring boot
- Familiarity with Pega applications is a plus
- Familiarity with working on Windows & Unix operating systems
- Experience with AWS and micro services architecture is preferred
- Understanding a modern SDLC
- Strong ability to translate requirements into design and code based on the requirements.
Nice to Have
– Experience contributing to an Open Source Project
– Technical Blog
– Polyglot Developer experience
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, IL – Chicago, ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time