North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 80761-en_US / 80761
Senior Software Developer – 80761
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
What You Will Be Doing:
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine software requirements.
- Creating design documents.
- Creating and providing the development team with architectural blueprints to follow.
- Guiding and assisting the development team as well as mentoring and training in both hard and soft skills.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with coding or design.
- Ensuring that you and the team adhere to development schedules and deadlines.
- Testing the final product to ensure it is completely functional and meets requirements.
What Skills You Will Need:
- 5-7 years+ overall software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of architecture experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Java or Go language or similar technologies
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in any RDBMS or NOSQL databases.
- DevOps experience is a huge plus
- Extensive experience in software development and project management.
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Demonstrated ability to guide junior engineers.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,