North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 96101-en_US / 96101
Senior Software Engineer – 96101
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
This role is for a senior software engineer to be part of an R&D Innovations team and contribute to the design, development and quick productionalization of solutions to complex problems by leveraging new emerging technologies. This position is responsible for analyzing, developing, testing, and deploying software systems, while providing a systematic analysis on requirements, and contributing to recommendations for leading-edge technology on behalf of corporate needs.
This position requires a versatile engineer and a great team player who is able to tackle technology problems across the spectrum as Nielsen continues to push technology forward. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and motivated to understand and leverage cutting edge technologies that could bring value to the organization. They will play a crucial role in driving forefront software innovations including, but not limited to, building next generation meters, contributing to shaping the future of Nielsen’s audience engagement measurement, and finding ways to harness new technologies to grow Nielsen’s business.
About the Team:
This role is within Nielsen’s Media Technology department which is responsible for measuring tens of thousands of advertising campaigns with billions of ads served to consumers on TV, radio, phones, tablets, computers, and internet streaming devices every day. The data sets that we deal with are stunning in their size and pose enormous challenges in collecting, handling, analyzing, and storing so much information.
- Nielsen was founded in 1923 by Arthur C. Nielsen with a goal of helping companies measure their sales and better understand the consumers that drove them. From retail sales and consumer purchase measurement to Radio and Television measurement, Nielsen is the original big data company.
- Nielsen Global Media is the world leader in media measurement for brand advertising on TV, Radio, and Digital
- Some of our customers: Disney, Hulu, Roku, and more!
- Strong strategic technology partnerships with Facebook, Google, Amazon, Adobe, and others set our measurement products apart from any others in the industry
- A world-class group of people and work environment located mainly in Tampa, Florida
- An open-minded and innovative engineering team and environment
- We are hyper-focused on our ability to be a cutting edge tech organization and we are always looking for the next best thing when it comes to open-source software, frameworks, tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Versatile technical knowledge (cloud-based systems, Kubernetes, CI/CD etc)
- Follow best practices for software development and deployment
- A fundamental understanding of the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, EMR, Lambda, etc)
- Understanding of relational database, big data, and experience in SQL
- Strong knowledge on Unix/Linux OS, commands, shell scripting, python, JSON
- Proficient at using GIT, GitFlow, JIRA, Gitlab and Confluence.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Open-minded and passionate to learn and grow technology skills
- Models Integrity & Humility, Inspires & multiplies, Innovates and Learns
- Strong sense of accountability
- Solution-focused and ability to drive change within the organization
- Development of technology solutions and mapping business requirements to systems/technical solutions
- Collaborate with team to map business requirements to systems/technical requirements and analyze & conceptualize solutions
- Design, develop, implement, validate, troubleshoot, and analyze technical products & systems
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Work closely with architects to design/implement cross-functional solutions with a strong focus on reusability
- Provide detailed documentation for all designs/implementations
- Research, evaluate and facilitate the adoption of new technologies
- Implements and encourages development best practices
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,