North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 98584-en_US / 98584
Senior Software Engineer – 98584
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 52 countries, Nielsen is the global leader in independent entertainment measurement, big data analytics, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms. Gracenote is one of the largest Video metadata databases in the world. We help the biggest names in broadcast TV, on-demand movies, and streaming video. From Hollywood to Bollywood, Streaming to Broadcast, everything we do at Gracenote revolves around audience and content.
Sr. Software Engineer
We are presently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to become part of our Video Data Delivery Platform Team based in Gracenote’s Emeryville Office. We are also open to Senior Engineers who are remote if unable to work from Emeryville. This data delivery team is responsible for one of most critical parts of the Gracenote data platform: putting our data into the hands of customers.
Tech Stack: Kotlin, Java, Go, Spring Boot, Apache Spark, Kafka, AWS, Cassandra, Postgresql
We value candidates who:
- Are creative, passionate, authentic
- Value diversity, inclusion, and representation
- Are passionate about crafting and deploying high-quality, high-performance, and high availability software
- Love backend engineering: data delivery pipelines and APIs
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- Real influence on entertainment experience for hundreds of millions of people globally
- Open culture where fun, collaboration, health, and happiness are key
- Profitable company, plus the stability and security of a larger parent company
- Fun activities; it is not lost on us that we are in the media and entertainment data business
- A work environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance (unlimited PTO!)
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work on data processing pipeline using the latest and greatest open source technologies
- Actively engage in technology & design decision making
- Operating and scaling our infrastructure in AWS
- Review code and champion best practices across the team
- Troubleshooting, root cause, and fixing problems in a blameless environment
- In addition to the above, Senior Engineers will take development ownership of one or more product areas of the Video Data Delivery Platform
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience working with at least one of these languages: Kotlin, Java, Scala, Go
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience with Messaging Systems (Kafka, JMS)
- Experience with cloud environment and tools (AWS preferred)
- Experience with DevOps tools (Ansible, Terraform)
If you are missing a couple of the points above, we still want you to apply. Gracenote hires on what you can do, not what you have done. Our team views diversity as a strength. We are looking for people who will help us build an inclusive culture of belonging where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,