North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 109805-en_US / 109805
Senior Software Engineer – 109805
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Accuracy is the name of the game, and we’ve got the data to prove it. If precision and quality are important to you, you’ll fit right in as a Software Engineer at Nielsen. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall analyzing and development of application software. You will work on a team within our Technology Deparment alongside other Software Engineers to collabortate and ensure application functionality.
- Responsible for analyzing, developing, testing and supporting highly complex application software
- Determine solutions for applications by providing necessary designs and technical expertise.
- Investigate and Analyze verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
- Perform data analysis on production data and apply software design principles to satisfy application requirements.
- Develop highly complex software code, which is maintainable, and easy to use.
- Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Create build and deployment process scripts. Work closely with architects/designers to design and implement reusable system solutions.
- Work with the technical project manager to ensure that the project plan is on track by advising on risks and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with an information technology focus (foreign equivalent degree acceptable)
- 5+ years of experience in software development/testing.
- Look at the big picture and End-to-End picture and understand upstream and downstream requirements.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
- Extensive experience in Test Automation.
- Experience in Citrus Test Automation Tool.
- Experience in Rest API and Websockets.
- Experience in GitLab version control and Continuous Integration using tools such as Jenkins.
- Good soft skills to work as a team player and collaboratively with everyone.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,