India / India / / Secunderabad
#: 110004-en_US / 110004
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen is all about data and technology company, a leader and gold standard in content measurement. We innovate by various methodologies, newer technologies and constantly improve our client experience with our products. Software engineers here at Nielsen get to work on the latest and innovative big data processing technologies in the cloud.
- Build scalable, reliable, cost-effective solutions for both the Cloud and on-premises
- Easily comprehend and must have the ability to convert business requirements to technical solutions.
- Build and test Cloud-based applications for new and existing backend systems to help facilitate development teams to migrate to the cloud.
- Must have strong cloud Implementation expertise in cloud architecture.
- Must have very good knowledge of storage, network, Compute services. Have sound knowledge in multi-zone, region-based designs.
- Must have the ability to provide solutions utilizing best practices for resilience, scalability, cloud optimization and security.
- Build platform reusable code and components that could be used by multiple project teams.
- Develop and provide restful web services to integrate with other systems and platforms.
- Provide cloud integration development support to various project teams.
- Maintain and document standards, best practices, and design/architecture patterns.
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 4-6 years of hands-on software development
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring boot/cloud frameworks
- Strong knowledge on Unix/Linux OS, commands, shell scripting, python, JSON, YAML
- Experience in big data ETL processing tools/languages on Cloud using SQL, Spark
- Must have strong verbal/written communication skills
- Master’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or as we recognize there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience
GOOD TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of Distributed architecture solutions
- Experience with orchestration tools: Apache Airflow or similar tools
- Agile scrum experience in application development experience is required. The candidate should have proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in software development using programming languages & tools/services: Java, Python, Scala, strong in SQL
- Network, Storage & Databases: Load balancer, AWS S3, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Deployment and automation: Terraform
- Containers: Docker on Kubernetes
- Compute: EC2, EMR, AWS Lambda
- Disaster recovery: multi-region, multi-AZ design experience
- AWS Certification is a plus.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Global Nielsen Media Client Service team wants to empower you to help our clients go from insights to action faster. We want to help you perfect the art of data-driven customer service that drives clients’ investment in Nielsen. By using innovative technologies, you can now work on activities that are driving client impact and minimize time spent responding to routine and manual tasks. In other words, we want to increase your strategic capacity and deliver impactful insights to clients
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.