North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 110501-en_US / 110501
Explore and discover Nielsen! Nielsen is the global standard for entertainment data and technology focusing on audience measurement, audience insights, and audience experience.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers the world’s top broadcast, on-demand, and streaming platforms for television, movies, music, and sports.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can implement creative solutions. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll create and manage web applications and tools, including client interface UI, API, Search engines etc., You’ll also make this collected data easily accessible across the company and usable in multiple products by publishing to data lake.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing, developing, testing and supporting highly complex application software
- Determine solutions for applications by providing necessary designs and technical expertise to the development team.
- Investigate and analyze verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
- Perform data analysis on reference data and apply software design principles to satisfy application requirements.
- Develop highly complex software code, which is maintainable, and easy to use. Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Create working prototypes, build and deployment process scripts.
- Work closely with architects/designers to design and implement reusable system solutions.
- Work with the technical project manager to ensure that the project plan is on track by advising on risks and quality.
- Oversee (without supervisory authority) 3-4 junior onshore / offshore software developers who construct, test, install, and maintain software applications, including delegating and reviewing work, and mentoring.
- Provide status updates to management.
FOR THIS ROLE, WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
Senior Software Engineer Skills / Minimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with a technology focus (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) plus 5 years of experience in software development (would also accept a bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of post-baccalaureate, progressively responsible experience in software development).
This must include 5 years of experience in:
- Working as a full-stack developer
- Development of Java / Go applications including external Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Analysis of product reference data such as common error patterns
- Use of software design and testing principles
- Working on version control and continuous integration using tools such as Bit Bucket, Jenkins
- Use of analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems and working as a member of a team
- Development of complex queries to build reports using reporting and analytical tools including Apache Spark, Hadoop Big Data, Elastic Search would be added advantage
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,