North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 100783-en_US / 100783
Senior Software Engineer (Remote OK) – 100783
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the growing sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the industry and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help businesses maximize their commercial success.
We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to help drive our efforts for analyzing sports content on social media sites, as well as working on ingesting surveys from sports fans. Working closely with product and engineering teams, you will help drive and develop critical solutions for Nielsen clients that will help expand our footprint in the brand detection space.
- Develop and maintain software components that ingest data from various sources
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features
- Create appropriate unit tests
- Perform code reviews as needed
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across the platform
- Suggest and implement best practices and architecture improvements
- Collaborate with technical program managers, product managers, and other engineers on feature definition and scoping
- Lead and mentor developers on a daily basis to build leaders
- 5+ years of development experience (Node.js preferred)
- BS or MS in a STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of DB technologies, (Postgres or equivalent)
- Elasticsearch or similar experience
- Familiarity with Web Services and network standards (e.g. DNS, HTTP, REST, API Gateways, OAuth)
- Cloud based development experience (AWS is preferred)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with working with geographically dispersed teams
- Great communication skills
- Experience in an agile development environment (making small iterative improvements on a regular cycle)
- Committed to producing high quality code
- Familiarity with CI tooling (GitLab CI, Jenkins, or similar)
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,