North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 102326-en_US / 102326
Senior Transaction Paralegal (Open to Remote) – 102326
Legal – USA New York, New York
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong follow-through skills and a practical business-oriented approach to problem solving and contract drafting. Our paralegals do all of the first round drafting and redlining of contracts, with high levels of responsibility and interactions with teams across the organization.
Minimum 5-7 years prior contract drafting experience required. Join an established team of licensing lawyers and paralegals working with clients and vendors across the digital, media and entertainment landscape.
- Work closely with sales, client service, contract administration, paralegals and lawyers on preparation and drafting of licenses and other agreements.
- Review comments and redlines, seek internal feedback, incorporate redlined changes into documents, and manage document versions.
- Negotiate contract terms and provide negotiation assistance as needed to lawyers, commercial sales team members, and external clients.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong work ethic, learns quickly, takes responsibility for assigned matters, can work independently with minimum supervision, takes pride as a contributing team member.
- Demonstrates great communication skills, with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Able to efficiently prioritize while managing multiple projects simultaneously, ability to reliably provide quick turnaround without compromising quality.
- Exercises good judgment and recognizes when to ask for help or escalate issues.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion, respect, and integrity.
- Demonstrates strong people skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels and in all areas of the organization.
- Demonstrates superior organizational skills, attention to detail and strong computer skills (MS Word, Google Suite, Excel, PowerPoint and general database interaction).
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York