North America / Canada / NS / Halifax
Technology & Engineering
#: 106407-en_US / 106407
Service Operation Support Engineer – 106407
Technology and Engineering – Canada Halifax, Nova Scotia
Explore and discover Gracenote, a Nielsen Global Media Company!
Each of Gracenote’s verticals (Music, Video, and Sports) faces distinct challenges including servicing billions of daily Music service requests, providing the data powering global TV programming information in the Video business, and managing the dynamics of real-time Sports data. In order to meet the 24/7/365 technical requirements of internal and external customers, Gracenote created the Service Operation Support (SOS) team.
The SOS team works to create a modern, scalable, and highly automated platform for comprehensive monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting for our heterogeneous infrastructure and application components. Our customers demand accurate and up to date data, and the SOS group has been built to ensure that we deliver.
The Service Operation Support team member is responsible for ensuring reliable and on-time product data delivery while supporting the overall operation of the SOS group. SOS resolves and/or escalates issues from submission detection to fulfillment resolution. You will work a rotating schedule with your team including an on-call rotation.
Your primary duties include proactive and reactive service monitoring, technical triaging, incident management, and providing status updates and communications to management.
Successful candidates should have passion for automation and quality, and develop an understanding of the interaction between legacy and current systems, on-premises and cloud; and most importantly, have a desire to constantly make things better.
Other responsibilities include:
- Identifying common issues and working toward long term solutions toward process improvement
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Maintaining & monitoring production applications and systems
- Writing and maintaining internal documentation
- Working closely with management, DevOps, and development team to execute tasks
- On-Call duties as required
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent related experience
- 3-5 years system administration experience using Linux and/or Windows
- Ability to read and write programming languages such as Java, .NET, and SQL
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and data stores such as MSSQL, MongoDB, Kafka, and ElasticSearchs
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Networking proficiency in physical and cloud environments
- Superior written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills necessary
- Excellent time management skills
- Passion for data, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and a love of problem-solving
Bonus attributes include:
- Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins, Bamboo and other continuous integration services
- Experience with knowledge base creation and technical documentation skills
- Container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Sports data knowledge
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Halifax,Nova Scotia
Secondary Locations: , , ,