North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 85946-en_US / 85946
Site Reliability Engineer – 85946
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
If you are an SRE and/or Cloud based systems enthusiast who likes to work on cutting-edge technologies in an environment that gives you the freedom to explore, play, and learn, then Nielsen is the right place for you. Join a close-knit, passionate team that collaborates in an agile environment to develop great technology. We encourage professional growth opportunities and invest in your personal development. Bring your experience with Cloud and DevOps to help to build out the capabilities of our Nielsen Media platform.
- Works across engineering, solutions, and data science departments to improve the quality and reliability of Nielsen’s applications and infrastructure
- Designs and operates internal “as a service” Nielsen Platform offerings
- Develops and deploys tools to improve monitoring, telemetry, alerting, and reporting
- Proposes and executes ideas and solutions within the infrastructure team to reduce the workload by automation.
- Plans and executes configuration changes both at the application and the infrastructure level
- Participates in the incident response process and on-call schedule
- Improves documentation all around, either in application documentation or in runbooks
- Technical Areas of Expertise
- Kubernetes and containerization
- Event streaming (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Highly available SQL or NoSQL databases
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability
- Observability (Prometheus, Jaeger, ELK) and Alerting
- Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management (Terraform/Ansible)
- Scripting and API-driven automation (Bash, Python)
- IAM and secrets management (OpenID Connect, Hashicorp Vault)
- 2-4 years of experience as an SRE, DevOps engineer, systems administrator, or similar.
- General knowledge of four areas of expertise with a deep understanding of at least one area
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience with public cloud environments, AWS preferred
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,