North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 100668-en_US / 100668
Software Developer – 100668
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen’s Total Audience Measurement (TAM) group is looking to add a highly motivated Software Developer to the team. This person will work within Digital Paneling to design and support various applications. Main responsibilites will include:
- Responsible for analyzing, developing, testing and supporting highly complex web and enterprise applications
- Determine solutions for applications by providing necessary designs and technical expertise to the development team.
- Perform end to end analysis to troubleshoot production issues and improve formormance.
- Perform object-oriented analysis and design, applying software design principles to satisfy application requirements.
- Develop highly complex software code, which is maintainable, and easy to use.
- Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Build and maintain the test automation framework and test scripts that are repeatable.
- Plan, develop, execute, and maintain automated unit, functional test cases; develop modular, robust, and maintainable automation scripts in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Create working prototypes to support the research and development objectives of the department, using emerging technologies.
- Create and automate build and deployment process scripts.
- Work closely with architects/designers to design and implement reusable system solutions.
- Work with the technical project manager to ensure that the project plan is on track by advising on risks and quality.
- Provide project updates to management.
- Involves domestic travel approximately 2x/year for up to 1 week/trip.
- M-F, 40 hours/week.
- 3 years of experience in the following areas:
- Use of multi-tier and multi-layer software architecture
- Use of object-oriented software design and automated testing principles
- Development of Java applications (including robust internal and external Web Services (such as Soap and/or RestAPI) and REST Services
- Development of J2EE multi-tier applications using Java, python and Node.js
- Development of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) applications on databases such as Oracle and/or Postgres
- Software development tools for version control and continuous integration using tools such as gitlab and Bitbucket
- Working experience with tools like Jenkins and Airflow
- Use of analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems
- Experience in one of the following tools: PL/SQL, Cloud-based application stack automation, application development and deployment to the Cloud; or ElasticSearch dashboard development using ELK stack.
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with a technology focus (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) plus 3 years of experience in software development OR Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of post- baccalaureate, progressively responsible experience in software development
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, IL – Chicago, ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time