North America / Canada / NS / Halifax
Technology & Engineering
#: 97041-en_US / 97041
Software Developer / Sr. Software Developer (Backend) – 97041
Technology and Engineering – Canada Halifax, Nova Scotia
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the world’s leading entertainment data and technology company, powering the top music services, consumer electronics companies, automakers, media companies, and cable / satellite operators on the planet. At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the entertainment they love most.
Gracenote has multiple openings for Software Developers – Backend and Senior Software Developers – Backend to become part of our team in Halifax. We’re looking for people with great programming skills that are quick learners, self-starters, and take ownership of their work. Our backend systems are largely built using frameworks such as Spring and are mostly in Java and/or Golang. We’re looking for smart, driven individuals that have experience working with a variety of technologies and tools.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Write web applications from the ground up using popular industry frameworks (Spring, etc.) with some of today’s most popular languages (Java, Golang, etc.)
- Take on more responsibilities, each of the teams have additional roles available. From Quality Engineer, to Scrum Master, to DevOps.
- Deploy your code to cutting-edge infrastructure: Docker orchestration with Kubernetes. Help design the backbone of our applications with AWS.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- The chance to work independently alongside a highly skilled technical team allowing you to come up with your own ideas and implement them
- A welcoming atmosphere that will instantly make you feel comfortable within our team oriented and fun environment
- To be a part of a company that invests in programming tools that will make the development experience easier
- Participate in a global team of developers on a daily basis with the potential for visiting international offices and attending industry conferences.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent required
- Experience working with the following technologies – Java and/or .NET, Relational Databases and NOSQL
- Experience with third party and open source tools such as Spring or Apache Kafka would be considered an asset
- Exposure to functional programming concepts and patterns would be considered an asset
- Ability and passion for learning new technology
- Teamwork and team building skills that will contribute directly to team success on assigned projects
- Experience with Golang is a nice to have
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Halifax,Nova Scotia
Secondary Locations: , , ,