North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 105425-en_US / 105425
Software Developer in Test – 105425
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports Software Development in Test
Operating as a division of Nielsen, Nielsen Sports is a premier provider of analytics and insights within the growing sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the industry and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help sports teams, sports organisations, broadcasters and brands maximize their commercial success. Our clients include many household names across the sporting world. If you would like to learn more please visit our website.
In this role, you are responsible for designing, creating, and implementing a test infrastructure for our data streams, ultimately ensuring continuous quality of our business. This role will require working with many parts of the business to ensure stakeholder requirements are addressed, and will have a huge impact across the entire business. The role will report directly to the Test Manager. The position is ideally based in New York City, but is also open to fully remote or a hybrid combination of the two.
Above all, we are looking for people who are passionate about data, are excellent critical thinkers, love learning, ask questions, and move fast. We prioritize working with team members and knowledge sharing, and like people who can not only work independently but also cultivate a learning environment. We appreciate anyone willing to make an effort and be their best self when problem solving.
Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks, and building scenarios with smoke and regression tests.
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers’ systems.
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years experience writing tests in at least one programming language: Java (preferred)
- Experience with GitLab or GitHub
- Experience establishing automation frameworks
- Experience with Agile development experiences
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and experience in programming and testing using Selenium with Cucumber.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- Passion for creating the best user experience for the customer
- Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools
WHAT WE OFFER
- Remote work accommodation
- Investment into your professional and personal growth
- An informal atmosphere
- Good benefits
- Great work/life balance
- Unlimited PTO with manager approval
- Personal development time to research anything that may be beneficial to the company or your own personal growth
- Encouragement and support to contribute to open source projects used anywhere in our business
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,