North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 105425-en_US / 105425
Senior Software Developer in Test – 105425
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports, Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the growing sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the industry and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help businesses maximize their commercial success.
In this role, you are responsible for designing/creating/implementing a test infrastructure for an existing service that we’re moving to AWS, ultimately ensuring continuous quality of our $100MM+ business. This role will require working with many parts of the business to ensure stakeholder requirements are addressed, and will have a huge impact across the entire business. The role will report directly to the Test Manager. The position is ideally based in New York City, but is also open to fully remote or a hybrid combination of the two.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers’ systems.
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
- 4+ years experience writing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, nodejs, C, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience with Agile development experiences
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development and experience in programming and testing.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- Passion for creating the best user experience for the customer
- Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Nice to have but not required: familiarity with Cypress; SonarQube
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,