India / India / / Kochi
Technology & Engineering
#: 106537-en_US / 106537
ABOUT THE JOB
Innovation is good. Innovation on a global scale is literally world changing. Join us and find out what it means to propel our clients toward the latter. Around here we’re all “numbers” people, but it’s the 1s and 0s behind our data that make what we do possible. Software engineers strike a balance between precision and disruption, between reliability and innovation. Nielsen is a tech company backed by nearly a century of forward momentum to show the world what’s next—and we couldn’t do it without our engineers.
● Write clean, concise, maintainable code and tests
● Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
● Drive innovation and automation at every step, from coding to deployment
● Promote and implement best practices in development and operations
● Collaborate with product and other engineering teams
● 1-2 years of hands-on software development.
● The training to back your work: a master’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or, as we recognize
there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience.
● Experience in Python, Django, RESTful API, SQL, NoSQL are added advantages.
● Ability to engineer software solutions that employ a wide range of technologies and tools:
think React, Angular, NumPy, Pandas, Jenkins, Git, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis,Docker, and cloud services like AWS, Azure, GCP.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Nielsen Media would not function without our Technology teams! We are catalysts for delivery quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients, and we are cultivators, growing our employees through education, skill building and experiences. Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support.
ABOUT NIELSEN MEDIA:
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!