India / India / / Mumbai
#: 108841-en_US / 108841
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be involved in the data design and production of enterprise-level data models.
- Conducting analysis of application requirements.
- Writing back-end code and building efficient PHP modules.
- Developing back-end with optimized databases.
- Troubleshooting application and code issues.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Responding to integration requests from front-end developers.
- Finalizing back-end features and testing applications.
- Updating and altering application features to enhance performance.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable PHP code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Proficient in PHP, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experienced in PHP web frameworks
- Expert in regular expressions
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable PHP modules
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Knack for writing clean, readable PHP code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Team player
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with continuous integration, continuous deployment, AWS
- Previous experience creating scalable applications.
- Plus points if have any DevOps experience
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.