India / India / / Mumbai
#: 101801-en_US / 101801
Software Engineer (C,C++) – 101801
Gracenote – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be involved in the evolving technology strategy architecting enterprise wide solutions,
● A Machine Learning Engineer who can provide expertise on multiple phases of a ML Project/research lifecycle from design,implementation, optimisation and support.
● Design & Develop high-quality products using python, ML Libraries.
● The candidate will follow Agile software development methodologies and adhere to best practices in the software development process.
MUST HAVE SKILLS
● Strong experience with python programming.
● Experience in Classical NLP: Regex, Text similarity measures (TF-IDF, edit distance etc)
● Experience Classical ML: Standard classification models (logistic regression, random forest)
● Working expertise on any NoSQL data stores viz. Key-Value stores (Redis, AWS Dynamo DB) / Columnar DBs (Cassandra).
● Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems and OO analysis & design.
● Experience with Scala, Reactive Programming.
GOOD TO HAVE SKILLS
● Experience in working with search platforms like Lucene / Solr / Elastic Search.
● Experience in working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure w.r.t. solutions development, deployment & adoption of cloud based technology components like IaaS / PaaS offerings.
● Experience in Modern NLP: Word vectors, RNN and Transformer based Deep Learning models.
● Experience with Big Data technologies like Spark, Hive, Hadoop.
● B.E / B.Tech / BCA/ MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
● Required Experience 3 – 6 Years
● Ensure that development progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time.
● Smart + Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times
● Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environment
ABOUT THE TEAM
Working together across functions, our Software Developers research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra