North America / United States / NJ / Queensbury
Technology & Engineering
#: 98241-en_US / 98241
Software Engineer II – 98241
Technology and Engineering – USA Queensbury, New York
POSITION: Software Engineer II
DEPARTMENT: Video Technology
REPORTS TO: Team Lead/Manager
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future. Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join a team focused on developing software for video metadata collection. Our customers’ appetite for video data is unbounded and you will help meet their needs by designing/building/supporting a variety of applications that enable us to collect, catalog, and process video metadata, more efficiently, and with higher quality.
Our teams are passionate about building high-quality robust software. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about technology, writing code, building cool, customer-driven solutions, and who can demonstrate that to us with personal projects or contributions to the open source community (by writing code, participating in discussions, or championing their favorite tools and languages).
FOR THIS ROLE WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Experience coding in PHP, Perl, Java, and SQL
- Team experience with Agile concepts, such as Scrum, CI, and Test-driven development
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Built applications using relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
- Ability and passion for learning new technologies
- DevOps experience deploying and tuning the applications you’ve built
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Docker
- Experience designing and deploying cloud-based software
- QAT and Test Automation
- Groovy, AngularJS, Node.js, React, jQuery, Bootstrap, Elasticsearch
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Queensbury,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,