North America / United States / NY / Queensbury
#: 92708-en_US / 92708
Software Engineer, Streaming Video – 92708
Gracenote – USA Queensbury, New York
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are presently looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help shape our Online Video Data (OVD) platform for the future. The number of Over the Top (OTT) video providers for which we collect data and the number of video assets we process are expanding rapidly.
In this role you will:
- Learn existing OVD platform and make recommendations on how the platform needs to evolve
- Help build solutions that simplify and speed up our streaming video data pipeline
- Operate and scale our infrastructure in AWS
- Collaborate with other engineering teams that ingest and consume video data
- At Gracenote, our engineering teams are passionate about building high-quality robust software. We are looking for people who are as creative and passionate as we are about technology, writing clean code, building cool, customer-driven solutions, and who can demonstrate that to us with personal projects or contributions to the open source community by writing code, participating in discussions, or evangelizing their favorite tools and languages.
FOR THIS ROLE WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years experience working with Java, Python and/or Scala
- 2+ years of experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies – S3, Lambda, Glue, Athena, SQS
- Demonstrable experience developing with Apache Spark, Kafka
- Experience using AWS technologies like EMR and Step Functions
- Built applications using relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Excellent communication and knowledge sharing skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability and passion for learning new technology
- Experience coding in Ruby
- Experience designing and implementing data models
- Experience with Apache Hudi
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or Docker
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Queensbury,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,