North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 95981-en_US / 95981
Sr. Analyst – 95981
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT THIS JOB
Why do you purchase a product? Maybe you downloaded a digital coupon, received an email, or viewed a digital video advertisement. In the Marketing Effectiveness Multi-touch Attribution (MTA) practice, our job is to figure out which digital media tactic is most successful at driving sales for products. Using statistical models we help clients optimize where they should spend their money on digital marketing to best ensure their product’s success.
As a Senior Analyst you will act as the connecting thread between the modeling and data collection teams and the client. You will be responsible in ensuring that results delivered to the client are understood, actionable, and timely. A Senior Analyst will help answer questions about methodology, coverage, and process and advise the client on how to leverage results to drive impact to the business. The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for working with the modeling team to review data inputs and model results with a client focused lens.
- Coordinate across several internal and external teams to manage the completion of each project.
- Review model results to ensure they are statistically sound and make business sense.
- Monitor and track data inputs to ensure they are accurate and complete.
- Synthesize output data to identify trends, spot opportunities, and create a simple story.
- Establish strong client relationships to drive client retention as well as business expansion.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the client helping to grow their knowledge of the MTA solution and coach them on how to leverage results.
- Collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients and share best practices and industry learnings.
- 2+ years of analytics or digital marketing experience (advanced degree can be substituted for experience).
- Significant coursework or degree in fields such as Marketing, Communications, Business, Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, or Economics (with a quantitative emphasis).
- Comfortable working with large data sets and exploring big data
- Enthusiasm for applying statistical analysis to address business issues
- Ability to adjust communication to speak to both a client who knows the details of statistical model and to a senior level brand manager who needs to make a business decision
- Consultative story-telling ability to turn data into insights and package for a C-level audience to maximize impact
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Prior MTA and/or agency experience is a plus, though not required
What will you gain?
Countless Learning Opportunities: You will be in the know of the latest trends in marketing analytics and will be solving some of the most complex business problems for our clients.
Career growth: At Nielsen, we strongly believe in meritocracy and giving more opportunities to our top talents. There will never be a boring moment in your career within Nielsen. You will grow with us and take on more challenging projects which will increase your marketing analytics expertise & subject-matter knowledge.
Industry Knowledge: The digital industry is constantly changing and involves many different players. In this role you will get to work with them all! Learning how each piece of the puzzle comes together to create an ad that drives a consumer to purchase and how that is measured.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, Remote, ,