North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 110741-en_US / 110741
Sr. Analyst, Finance Analytics (Remote Optional) – 110741
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Chicago, Illinois
At Nielsen, we are obsessed with understanding consumer behavior through technology. As Nielsen’s Finance Analytics team, our purpose is to be the bridge between Finance and Technology. We are experts in integrating different data sources & creating impactful data models which are leveraged for dashboards & reports. Our Finance Analytics team knows our financial system’s data structures and how to translate them into meaningful business intelligence insights.
- Create SAP Analytics Cloud and Power Bi dashboards with complex data models, dynamic measures, and calculated fields for appropriate filtering
- Prepare and maintain data models to serve as data sources for SAP Analytics Cloud and Power Bi dashboards
- Partner with business teams across functions (Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounts Payable, Collections, etc.) to understand their analytics needs, and create/share the data models & tools needed to achieve their goals
- Serve as a Reporting & Analytics expert for the business, provide guidance to business analysts
- Automate manual tasks to increase productivity (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Perform training sessions with business users to enhance their understanding of the available tools and automation techniques
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU:
You strive to make analytical processes more efficient and bring more powerful visualizations to Nielsen Finance. You can put yourself in someone else’s shoes, determine what they need, and how to connect them with the right models and tools. You seek out the answers yourself via Google or structured trainings in order to serve as a better expert for the business. You bring energy and enthusiasm to your conversations with the business and get them excited about analytics and automation.
- 2-4 Years of Experience (incl. Internship experience)
- Experience building dashboards with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), Power Bi or Tableau
- Proficient in query languages such as SQL and M (Power Bi)
- Experience in Accounting & Finance roles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience
- Languages: English
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, Remote