North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 80546-en_US / 80546
Sr. Data Analyst – Identity Team – 80546
Data Science – USA New York, New York
The Nielsen Identity team is part of the Nielsen Media Data Science division. Our Identity Engine creates a holistic view of individuals and households across all channels and devices, unifying online browsing behaviors, offline panel data, mobile device usage, as well as linear and digital television viewership. Using our expertise in big data, analytics, and machine learning, we enable marketers to engage individuals and households with personalized messaging, drive performance at scale, and holistically measure marketing effectiveness.
Nielsen brings to bear the market’s most powerful proprietary data assets. We help the world’s biggest brands make faster, better decisions in marketing and media, continuously disrupting the landscape of audience targeting and measurement. For more information, please visit nielsen.com, or follow us: @Nielsen.
This opportunity is on the Media Data Science Identity team and reports to the Program Manager of Modeling and Analytics Solutions. They will take on a leading role in the analysis and application of our data assets. This includes the usage of our machine learning models in various products and services across Nielsen, such as digital audience targeting, insights and analytics tools, and marketing effectiveness studies.
What will I do?
- Conduct studies, identify opportunities, and develop solutions to enhance the quality and performance of Nielsen Identity data assets
- Work closely with product teams to optimize usage of Nielsen Identity data assets
- Work closely with our machine learning experts to produce and refine modeled data assets
- Research and develop new use cases for Nielsen Identity data assets
- Support the business and client teams by investigating and analyzing large-scale datasets
Is this for Me?
(E=Essential, P= Preferred)
- E: Minimum of 3+ years work experience in analytics or data science
- E: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- E: Strong, practical knowledge of SQL; has experience working with relational databases, preferably on the scale of terabytes or above
- E: Experience working with cloud-based computing and storage solutions, preferably AWS
- E: Strong communication and presentation skills; able to explain complex problems to non-technical audiences
- E: Experience interfacing with internal clients and managing multiple projects at once
- E: Naturally curious, has a passion for solving problems and critical thinking
- E: Good vibes, integrity, and good work ethic
- P: Experience in media or marketing analytics, e.g. lookalike modeling, A/B testing, insights analysis, customer segmentation
- P: Experience with online media and the ad tech ecosystem
- P: Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Superset)
- P: Experience using Python for scripting, analysis, visualization (relevant libraries include numpy, pandas, matplotlib)
- P: Experience with other technical tools such as Airflow, Bash, and Git
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,