North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 102324-en_US / 102324
Sr. Data Analyst – 102324
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are presently looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Music Works team. We’re looking for people with great programming skills that are quick learners, self-starters, and take ownership of their work.
This Music Works team is responsible for building a system that provides an industry wide source of truth for musical works and associated recordings. We seek someone who is passionate about using the best software processes and tools to help the music industry solve some of its most important problems.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Participate in exploratory data analysis, data preparation, transformations, statistical analysis, data cleansing, data mining, and communication of insights for Music Works.
- Create data visualizations and automated reports for the analysis and insights generated.
- Perform regular data research and analysis in a wide variety of areas and scopes.
- Work closely with software engineers building the system to ingest, transform, and deliver Music Works data.
- Participate in the building of Machine Learning models for matching and linking fundamental Music Works entities. This includes gathering testing, training, and validation data, working with the Content team to ensure the data is labeled correctly, and building, testing, and tuning the data models themselves.
- Work with Product Owner interfacing with stakeholders across the Music Works landscape.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- The chance to work alongside a highly skilled technical team allowing you to come up with designs, implement them, and solve interesting software problems
- A welcoming atmosphere that will instantly make you feel comfortable within our team-oriented and fun environment
- To be a part of a company that invests in programming tools that will make the development experience easier
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, machine learning or a related field.
- 4+ years experience working in statistics and/or data analysis
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Be a hands-on self-starter and stay on top of new methodologies.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Familiarity with Data visualization tools, such as Superset, Data Studio, Quicksight, Tableau.
- Teamwork and team building skills that will contribute directly to team success on assigned projects
- Experience with advanced text-based Machine Learning algorithms and models is a plus
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,