North America / United States / IN / Chicago
#: 77463-en_US / 77463
Sr. Data Scientist – 77463
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen Media Data Science is responsible for enhancing Nielsen’s highly successful media measurement products. This position will develop and deploy new methodologies to measure audiences across platforms and integrate new data assets into Nielsen’s existing methodologies.
What will I do?
- Own reproducible data science projects end-to-end
- Deploy and maintain data pipelines and models in a production environment
- Work with cross-functional teams to productionize, validate, and optimize methodologies
- Provide technical mentorship
- Communicate research findings to varying audiences
Is this for me?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience with python, Spark, SQL, Unix, git, and AWS (S3 and EC2)
- Excellent machine learning fundamentals
- 3-5 years research experience in a business setting
- Masters degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics, social sciences, or biological/physical sciences
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, Remote, ,