North America / United States / IL / Chicago
#: 82282-en_US / 82282
Sr. Data Scientist – Connected TV Measurement – 82282
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
This product-focused position will both research and implement new methodologies and enhancements for a key Media initiative: Connected TV Measurement.
What will I do?
In this role, you’ll work directly with cross-functional internal teams to design and implement new Data Science methodologies, delivering solutions that will delight our clients. You will be responsible for:
- Researching and testing enhancements to current methodologies as well as ideating entirely new approaches with a focus on expanding internationally
- Translating new methodologies into functional modules, including unit tests and quality control checks
- Providing data-driven recommendations for promoting enhancements to production, including assisting with client-focused impact analysis
- Assisting with module implementation, testing, and validation
- Identifying root causes and solving any bugs or quality escapes
- Ensuring complete documentation of the new methodologies and best practices
- Working with cross-functional internal stakeholders to push methodology updates into product roadmap
Is this for me?
- E- 2-3+ years of professional work experience Statistics, Data Science, and/or related disciplines with direct experience developing statistical techniques, market research methodologies, research processes, operations as well as knowledge of the complexity of consumer businesses and client needs.
- E- Experience with sophisticated data mining & modeling solutions and the tools that support them such as Scikit-learn
- E- Experience with relational and distributed database systems with expertise in tools such as Spark and SQL
- E- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or other related field
- P- Advanced degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or other related field
- P- Domain expertise in Digital or Television measurement
- P- Experience with implementing and managing software in cloud-based environments such as Azure or AWS
- P- Familiarity with DevOps tools and CI/CD workflows including github and Jenkins
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, Remote,