North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 82201-en_US / 82201
Sr Data Scientist – Identity Team – 82201
Data Science – USA New York, New York
Nielsen brings to bear the market’s most powerful proprietary data assets, and together we are helping the world’s biggest brands make better and faster media and marketing decisions. We are permanently disrupting the landscape of audience measurement. For more information, please visit nielsen.com, or follow us: @Nielsen
About the team
The Nielsen Identity team is part of the Nielsen Media Data Science division. Our Identity Engine connects the various devices of individual users to create a holistic view of consumers across all channels and devices – including display, video, audio, offline, mobile and smart TVs – enabling content providers and marketers to measure engagement of individuals and households at scale. Our output feeds into a number of other Nielsen products and services.
What will I do?
This position reports to the Director, Identity Data Science.
- You use graph algorithms, analyses, and machine learning models to maximize the value of our data, all while playing an instrumental role in related products and services.
- Work independently but collaboratively, contributing to the Nielsen’s Identity Engine
- Use sophisticated algorithms, modeling techniques, and data mining strategies to build solutions that optimize the quality and performance
- Develop and maintain data pipelines for internal and third-party data
- Support the product team to solve complex analytical challenges
- Evaluate our outputs using tests and experiments
Is this for me?
(E=Expected, P= Preferred)
- E: Degree in computer science, statistics, operational research, STEM, or similar
- E: Two or more years work experience in data science and analytics
- E: Proficiency in SQL, experience working with relational databases
- E: Proficiency in Python (or similar) for data analysis and software development
- E: Working knowledge of bash and git
- E: Strong communication skills, ability to explain complex problems
- E: Passion for analyzing and utilizing large data sets
- E: Good vibes, integrity, and good work ethic
- P: Experience with graph theory problems
- P: Experience working on AWS, e.g. S3 and EMR
- P: Experience with data science tools such as Airflow, MLlib, MLflow, Tensorflow or PyTorch
- P: Proven ability to develop machine learning models and deploy them to production
- P: Experience in media or marketing analytics, including campaign measurement, cross-platform deduplication and lookalike modeling or experience in online media and the ad tech ecosystem is advantageous
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, Remote, ,