North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 80244-en_US / 80244
Sr. Fullstack Engineer (Java/React) – 80244
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company, is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers enrichment and discovery features for top TV, Music, Sports and Automotive platforms. We are presently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Program Names reference team which writes software that collects Reportable Metadata of Broadcast, Cable and VOD Content from various customers, process and provide metadata to internal processing teams for further process and reporting. We are looking for someone who has a extensive experience building UI Applications with extensive development knowledge of API’s.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop highly complex, easily maintained software code with Java and various frontend tools.
- Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as
- Create and manage web applications and tools, including client interface UI, API, Search engines etc
- Determine solutions for applications by providing necessary designs and technical expertise to the development team.
- Investigate and analyze verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highl complex applications.
- Work with the technical project manager to ensure project plans are on track by advising on risks and quality.
- Oversee (without supervisory authority) 3-4 junior onshore / offshore software developers who construct, test, install, and maintain software applications, including delegating and reviewing work, and mentoring.
What Skills You Will Need:
- 5+ years experience working as a Fullstack Developer
- Analysis of product reference data such as common error patterns
- Use of software design and testing principles
- Working on version control and continuous integration using tools such as Bit Bucket, Jenkins
- Use of analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and
- coding problems and working as a member of a team
- Development of complex queries to build reports using reporting and analytical tools including Apache Spark, Hadoop Big Data, Elastic Search would be an added advantage
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,