North America / United States / IL / Chicago
Technology & Engineering
#: 87563-en_US / 87563
Sr. Python Engineer – 87563
Technology and Engineering – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen Global Media uses cutting edge technology and industry leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We’re automating our models with artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce the same quality insights as a traditional white-glove consulting engagement at unparalleled speed and scale.
Intelligence Studio is a horizontally scalable, cross-cloud technology agnostic platform built with trusted open source components like VS Code, Apache Airflow, Jupyterhub and MLFlow. It allows data scientists to focus on doing data science by taking care of essential concerns like data access, logging, configuration, resource negotiation, dependency management, orchestration, and testing.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help our talented, cross-functional team improve user workflows in Intelligence Studio. Ideal candidates will be hands-on technologists with experience in Python within AWS or other cloud environments. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to work with creative engineers and cutting-edge technologies.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- You are an experienced software engineer with a proven track record of quickly learning and implementing new technologies.
- You love technology and are excited to work on a high-performance team building a very ambitious product.
- You are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and your technical depth by diving into a project working on the current state of the art in big data and cloud technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF YOUR NEXT JOB
- Build software and integrations in a cloud-based microservices environment for big data applications
- Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
- Work within a cross-functional team to author clear and purposeful epics/stories
- Promote and enforce best practices in development and operations
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses in the platform architecture
QUALIFICATIONS WE’D LOVE FOR YOU TO HAVE!
- 2-5 years development experience with Python
- Engineering with Python to create ETL and ELT data pipelines is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- Nice to have: Python, Flask, Electron, Kubernetes, Prometheus
- Nice to have: Experience with cloud software design, containerized microservices & distributed caching.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: IL – Evanston, IL – Schaumburg, IL – West Dundee,