India / India / / Mumbai
#: 97166-en_US / 97166
System Administrator – 97166
Gracenote – India Mumbai, Maharashtra
Responsibilities for System Administrator
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, servers, virtualization, and Network.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2012 R2 – 2016 R2 and RHEL operating systems
- Manage Active Directory, server, and workstation patching with SCCM
- Have familiarity with MS SQL Server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy
- Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage end-user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
- Build and deploy new servers on the network as needed.
- Have familiarity with NAS and SAN storage management, and MS DFS
System Administrator Requirements
- Familiarity with SQL and database operations.
- Microsoft MCSE , VMWare, or similar certification.
- Hands on Public & Pvt Cloud like AWS, Azure
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra