Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
#: 99230-en_US / 99230
Team Lead, Ingest – 99230
Gracenote – Australia
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Ingest Team Lead is expected to lead the Ingest Team, supervising, managing and providing effective guidance, members on a daily basis.
As a team leader, you will be the contact point for the Ingest team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the editorial team to achieve the goals set out by the business.
- Supporting the Metadata Production Manager, oversee the organisation of workflow and personnel schedules in the most efficient manner relative to cost, time and accuracy; provide prioritization guidance of work assignments
- Manage team members performance including one on ones, quarterly check ins and annual review. Reward and coach/counsel staff.
- Maintain workload requirements and inform manager and staff of changes to deadlines
- Maintain quality and coverage standards within the content database
- Resolve and direct Ingest discrepancies reported by clients
- Devise and implement ideas and procedures to improve quality and productivity.
- Collaborate with the entire content team to build resources, establish processes, and define research best practises
- As the Ingest group and database coverage expectations expand identify new tools to assist
- Execute integration & project activities based on manager direction
- Coordinate training for new staff members or to refresh skill sets of the Ingest team
- Maintain the content operations knowledge database ensuring that all Ingest documentation is kept up to date and that any changes to software, process or standards are documented
- Perform Ingest tasks when required
- Escalation point out of hours for Ingest staff and external stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of three years’ related work experience.
- Effective organizational, analytical, communication and research skills
- Display leadership skills
- Good judgment and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical proficiency with a background in data operations preferred
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Must exhibit strong attention to detail and possess the ability to multitask and be self-motivated
- Knowledge of TV/film industries preferred
ABOUT THE TEAM
Gracenote Video Content is part of Nielsen Content Metadata. This team creates and curates data used in viewer guides for well-known cable and satellite systems, on-demand streaming, publications, websites, and smart TV companies around the world.
You use Gracenote data every time you view your program guide or download music!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park