North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 104581-en_US / 104581
Our Technology team is bringing together the brightest minds in data and engineering. What we build today will change the way we watch, listen, and play our favorite tunes, TV shows, and movies for decades to come. Come and build something with us.
Nielsen is looking for Technology Interns to join our 2022 Summer Internship Program. You will conduct hands-on development of data analytics in line with reporting needs as reference implementation for the Technology team. You will develop design specifications, continuous build and deployment strategy to drive Agile methodology and recommend changes on project design concepts to improve efficiency.
What will you do?
- Implement end-to-end solutions with sound technical architecture, in Big Data analytics framework along with customized solutions that are scalable, with primary focus on performance, quality, maintainability, cost and testability.
- Drive innovative solutions within the platform to establish common components, while allowing customization of solutions for different products.
- Verify accuracy, performance, scalability, stability, cost-effectiveness and maintainability of team delivery.
- Perform hands-on technology spikes following standard architecture, design patterns and company policies, standards and best practices
- Develop design specifications, continuous build and deployment strategy to drive Agile methodology. Recommend changes on project design concepts to improve efficiency.
- Understand the enterprise architecture within the context of existing platform services and strategic direction
- Digest broader enterprise, horizontal view across all technical disciplines to evaluate interoperability and incorporate it in solution architecture
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing education in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Sociology (Quantitative), and other similar disciplines
- Any level of experience in and/or knowledge of: Hadoop, Service-oriented architecture, Kubernetes, Docker, Scala, Airflow, SQL, NoSQL, Spark Streaming, and Git
- Demonstrated ability to architect pluggable, reusable platform components pertinent to data analytics and ingestion technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends; and current web and database technologies
- Demonstrated effective analytical, oral and written communication, project management, and strategic problem-solving and solution-finding skills
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Our Technology Team:
We are part of The Nielsen Company and provide the industry’s global standard for Internet and digital media measurement and analysis, offering technology-driven Internet information solutions for media, advertising, e-commerce and financial companies. At Nielsen, our obsession with understanding consumer behavior through technology is what motivates us. To us, innovation isn’t random – it’s a result of encouraging each other to develop new ideas and technologies and then challenging ourselves to push even further.
Our Summer Internship Program:
Nielsen’s Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive experience, where you’re treated like a full-time employee, welcomed by Nielsen professionals. Throughout the 10 weeks you can expect an Orientation Program, Educational Sessions, Panel Discussions and a Volunteer Event. You’ll also receive performance feedback from your manager formally twice during the summer, as we consider hiring you full time on our team in 2023!
When & Where:
The 2022 Summer Internship Program dates are Monday, June 6, 2022 to Friday, August 12, 2022. We are currently planning for a virtual internship but that is subject to change. Otherwise, internships are available in the following locations:
New York, NY; Oldsmar, FL; Chicago, IL; Emeryville, CA; Dallas, TX; Columbia, MD
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!