North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 87262-en_US / 87262
Transformation and Automation Intern – 87262
Operations – USA Tampa, Florida
We are currently seeking an intern within the Transformation & Automation Office (TAO) supporting our Gracenote and Sports businesses. We help identify and build solutions to assist these businesses improve their Quality, Scalability and Speed. If you’re passionate about building automated solutions and enjoy being a part of a collaborative team this might be the opportunity for you.
TAO works with Operations to identify opportunities that assist with growth and efficiency by building automated solutions and partnering with Technology teams. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and communicate effectively with the business leads for ensuring projects are reviewed, sized, and documented appropriately. The intern would be accountable for assisting with requirements and level of effort sizing across new opportunities and improvement efforts.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Assess business needs and various automation tools to capture sufficient requirements and enable prioritization and effort sizing against other opportunities
- Strong communication skills — able to explain and understand complex topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion to leverage data driven insights to impact business decision making
- Work with teams / resources located across regions
- Familiarity with software development and/or the development lifecycle of creating a software solution (Such as Agile, sAFE, Python, RPA, Machine Learning)
- Work experience with project management concepts / tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Capable of leading and facilitating meetings and turning documentation into compelling persuasive presentations
- Pursuing a degree in Business Management, Automation Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Internship
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,