North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 78962-en_US / 78962
Vice President of Internal Communications – 78962
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
The Nielsen Global Head of Internal and Employee Communications develops and implements company-wide messaging and strategies that fuels a culture of growth to drive engagement and business results. This position reports directly to the Head of Global Communications.
- Develop employee engagement through a creative approach to programming and internal communication channels.
- Set a strategy and vision for the Nielsen culture that aligns with business priorities and objectives.
- Build a unique Nielsen voice that is consistent across our platforms and channels, dedicated to informing and engaging employees and partners.
- Ensure that the communications function is leveraging and experimenting with new communications tactics and techniques, particularly via digital and social channels; and ensure quality and consistency across all communications.
- Oversee priority internal business messaging, including communications from company leadership, with the ability to bring clarity to complex ideas.
- Manage and proactively offer a regular cadence of written communications and updates throughout the Nielsen ecosystem.
- Drive internal events and work with leadership to generate collaboration, professional development, product innovation and idea sharing across the company.
- Work collaboratively across the global company workforce to drive strong results.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, such as the People team, to collaborate on best-in-class employee engagement methods.
- Oversee all internal communications, including company-wide announcements, newsletters, town halls, internal social media channels and other communications.
- Manage a team of four, who deliver communications tailored to different internal audiences that most effectively deliver core messages.
- Drive a company culture of ongoing growth and engagement.
- Motivate employees with a shared purpose that is relevant to everyone in the company.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in Corporate and Internal Communications.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Advanced writing and communications skills; experience writing speeches or having published writing a plus.
- Track record building creative communications tools and digital-first platforms to enhance collaboration and engagement among employees.
- Ability to work collaboratively across global teams; comfortable interacting with senior leaders and executives.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading an internal communications team and function that has achieved measurable results.
- Proven track record of success with communicating during ongoing organizational change and launching a new company culture.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the development of strategic communication strategies and evaluation techniques.
- Outstanding storytelling skills.
- Strong soft skills and analytical abilities to understand what’s needed to accomplish desired goals.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Writing samples will be required.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, CA – San Francisco, ,