- Online Services Dominates Television Media Advertising Spending
- Radio is still the preferred media for the Government and Political Parties to Advertise
- Digital Ad Spending Reaches 7% of the Total Ad Spend
Jakarta, 11 Maret 2020 – Advertising expenditure in 2019 grew10% compared to 2018. The total advertising expenditure in television, radio and print media reached Rp168 trillion based on gross rate card, according to the findings of Nielsen Advertising Intelligence (Ad Intel), released today by Nielsen Media Indonesia.
TV still dominated with 85 persen of the ad spending portion and a total ad spending of more than Rp143 Trillion, grew more than 14% compared with the same period in 2018. Meanwhile, print media ad spending reached more than Rp22 Trillion and radio ad spending reached a total of Rp1.7 Trillion.
During 2019, Online Services category was the biggest spender with a total ad spending of Rp10.3 Trillion with two percent growth. The Hair Care category ranked second with 17 percent growth and total advertising expenditure of 9.2 Trillion.
The third biggest advertiser is the Government and Political Organization category with advertising spending of Rp8.8 Trillion. The next biggest advertiser is the Facial Care category with an advertising expenditure of Rp8,1 Trillion, grew significantly 41 percent compared to 2018; followed by Clove Cigarettes with advertising spending of IDR 7.2 trillion and 24 percent growth.
Since the third quarter of 2018, Nielsen has been measuring ad spend for Top 200 local publishers and 18 YouTube channels. Total digital advertising expenditure was recorded Rp13.3 Trillion in 2019. Digital contributes 7% of the total adex which reached Rp181 Trillion.
Read in Bahasa Indonesia
A message for Journalists and Editors:
- Nielsen highly recommends journalists and editors to include a brief explanation of Nielsen methodology into the article, whenever referring to Nielsen data as the source of information.
- To avoid any possible inaccuracy in using Nielsen data as reference, please do not hesitate to contact the above person for clarification.
- Nielsen has the Right of Reply for any inaccuracy of Nielsen data usage in the article.
ABOUT NIELSEN DIGITAL AD INTEL
Ad spending information is taken from Ad Intel data that monitors Indonesian advertising activities. In 2018, ad monitoring includes 15 national TV stations, 98 newspapers and 65 magazines and tabloids and 200 websites. Ad spending figures are based on the gross rate card, without calculating discounts, bonuses, promos, package prices, etc.