NPOWER IN DEPTH
CROSS PLATFORM SINGLE SOURCE
Make more informed business decisions with NPOWER Cross Platform Single Source
Scenario 1: Time Spent
Your network is looking to entice an advertiser to invest ad dollars on your network and website. What’s the best way to show them how much time consumers are spending on both media?
Step 1: Unify your Cross Platform Sample.
Step 2: Run a Segmentation Report for your TV viewers.
Step 3: Run a Segmentation Report for your Internet users.
Step 4: Use the Average Time Spent per Person per Day column to determine how many minutes consumers used on an average day. To convert the Internet seconds of use to minutes, divide by 60.
Scenario 2: Response Effect
Your website has done some advertising on several networks. You want to see what percentage of viewers who saw the ads went to your website. How can you accomplish this?
Step 1: Unify your Cross Platform Sample
Step 2: Run an Ad schedule for the spots that ran on Television using the Cross Platform Sample.
Step 3: Run a Number of Seconds Segmentation report to identify users of your website.
Step 4: Run a Reach and Frequency report to examine the reach of your ad campaign against the users and non-users of your website. On the demographics selection screen you’ll pull in the segmented users and non-users of your website from Step 3.
GAIN UNIQUE INSIGHTS
Nielsen Cross-Platform Service – Single Source provides cross-media measurement and innovative data from the only dataset to measure TV and Internet in same household. These Cross-Platform Homes are comprised of TV and Internet measured households in the National People Meter Panel. Clients who subscribe to this service are able to gain valuable insights into the interaction of TV and Internet. These reports can be used to gain a better understanding of media use and audience composition.
Cross Platform Reporting capabilities include:
- Reach and Frequency of Internet Schedule individually or combined with TV.
- Cause and Effect – Did Viewing of an ad or program drive traffic to a website or did a visit to a website drive traffic to a TV program?
- Segmentation of Internet Users by site or type of site, which can then be pulled into other NPOWER reports for further analysis of TV Viewing, Reach and Frequency, or Segmentation by TV viewing or additional website visits.
- Simultaneous Duplication, a unique statistic allowing you to examine the simultaneous usage of TV and Internet, either broadly or narrowly.
- Streaming Video usage, to compare surfing and streaming usage across sites.
If you do not currently subscribe to the Cross Platform Service – Single Source and would like more information please contact your Client Service representative.