North America / United States / IL / Chicago /
Technology & Engineering
#: 743999735136153 / 50239668
NETWORK ENGINEER, CHICAGO
YOU’LL BUILD TECH THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
Our Connect Technology teams are working on our new Connect platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Our clients around the world rely on Connect data and insights to innovate and grow.
As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and providing escalation support for the overall Nielsen network services, including customer-facing services. We are looking for an in-depth understanding of information security and engineering, implementation, and 24/7 operations and support. The role is part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring customer and business focus and demonstrated skills/experience associated with leadership, management, and technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for managing the Network and Security Services to support customer needs.
- Drive definition and execution of technical services and strategies that provide Nielsen with highly reliable, secure, flexible, and cost-effective networking services.
- Responsible for partnering closely with key customers, business, and IT team members to plan, implement, manage & support the appropriate capabilities (i.e., policies, processes, standard operating procedures, team/skills, measures, and tools) to successfully address Network Services requirements.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- 5+ years successfully planning and implementing large-scale, global Network Services programs & projects that includes the planning, design, development/configuration, testing, and deployment of solutions and capabilities (e.g., policies, processes, teams, measures, tools, and reporting); solid understanding of software lifecycle or product
- 2+ years’ experience with telecommunications technologies working with various types of circuits and equipment
- Preferred experience with cloud computing architectures
- 2+ years setting IT vision, strategy, architecture, plans & direction as well as related IT organizational models within a highly complex, large scale infrastructure environment.
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and manage networks that ensure high availability, scalability, security, and operational supportability within a high-volume, rapidly growing digital business.
- Experience working successfully and partnering with team members across various business units, functions, and geographies.
- Knowledge of how to maintain a data center, including but not limited to documentation management, equipment installation, work with structured cabling systems, maintenance procedures, best practices, and troubleshoot cable plant issues.
- Solid understanding of general IT (and, specifically, Network Services) policies, services, security, processes, structure. Ability to strategically partner with IT team members and IT partners/vendors to successfully deliver on IT vision, direction, strategies, and key priorities.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting customer demands and crisis management.
- Can independently troubleshoot and resolve complex network problems
- Extensive Cisco routing and switching experience, including BGP and OSPF.
- Firewall experience, including but not limited to Checkpoint, including VPN, IPSEC, and SSL
- Experience with network management and monitoring tools.
- Ability to travel domestically as required. ( approximately 15%)
- Ability to work flexible hours and be accessible 7/24 and provide on-call support
- Must be available for weekend and evening work when applicable due to project deadlines, problems, production hours of operation.
- Must be able to lift equipment of 50 lbs or less.
- Cisco CCNP, CCIE, and ITIL preferred
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field is desired