North America / United States / IL / Chicago /
Technology & Engineering
#: 743999738795295 / 50245349
Our NielsenIQ Enterprise Platforms team ensures the strategy, design, delivery, deployment, maintenance, and support of our corporate technologies is best-in-class. More than 30,000 global employees rely on our team to support the systems and tools integral to NielsenIQ’s success. We therefore partner closely with all areas of the business, including HRIS, Finance, Recruitment, T&E, Procurement, and more.
We are a forward-thinking organization targeting current technology that enables our employees to be efficient using best practices.
As a Program Manager you will manage large SAP business software projects including potential support of transformation, M&As ( Nielsen acquires and divests companies and in doing so a merging, setup or decoupling from HR, Payroll, Billing, and Finance systems have to occur), etc. The ability to manage these programs effectively and efficiently can create large savings for the company in synergy savings, cost, and risk avoidance, and by speeding up the ability for the affected entity to strictly focus on the products and delivery and not the back-office.
What you will do
- Develop the program estimates, staffing requirements and ensure the program meets its stated objectives.
- Manage one or more highly complex program(s) consisting of multiple projects and streams.
- Develop the program strategy, supporting business cases (if necessary) and various enterprise-wide high-level project plans including Financials.
- Ensure integration of projects and adjust project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to develop end-user communications to effectively communicate system and process changes to impacted stakeholders.
- Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the project portfolio on time, within budget, and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
- Ability to learn new technologies that will speed up implementation time, and work to create standard processes when necessary
- Build strong relationships with business, operations, other IT groups, and potentially external partners
- Experience in facilitation, training, and organizational change management.
We are looking for people who have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer related discipline is required, or a minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience, plus 5+ years as a Project Manager, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- Solid Microsoft office skillsets esp. Powerpoint slides
- Experience working with onshore and offshore teams, vendor/ partners
- Prior management, supervisory, or team leader experience
- Superior influencing, presentation, and communication skills
- SAP Functional knowledge 3-5 years is highly Preferred)
- Finance/Accounting / HR background is Preferred
- Some travel may be required (Less than 30%)
- PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification or equivalent is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies, specifically on Waterfall and Agile
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma concepts